1) What’s the purpose of Team SAMFund?
Team SAMFund was created as a way to raise funds and awareness for The SAMFund and support young adult survivors everywhere. We wanted to find a way for people in all areas of the country to support The SAMFund, while also positively contributing to their own health and fitness.
2) Do I have to register for a specific race when I join Team SAMFund?
No. As a member of Team SAMFund, you can join whatever walk/run you’d like. For a list of races available in your area, please visit our Races by State page.
3) Is there a financial commitment involved with joining Team SAMFund?
No. As a general guideline, members are encouraged to raise double the amount of whatever their race entry fee is. If unable to meet this goal, there will be no financial consequence. We do not ask for any credit card or financial information from Team SAMFund members.
4) How do I raise money for Team SAMFund?
Once you submit your registration form, you will automatically be set up with an online fundraising page through our fundraising platform, MobileCause. The link to your fundraising page and login information will be emailed to the address submitted on your registration form within one week of registration, along with an informational guide on editing your page. You are encouraged to visit The SAMFund’s Facebook page to post the date and name of your race and share your fundraising page on your personal social media sites.
5) I want to join, but I’m unable to pay for a race entry fee. What can I do?
If you’re having trouble covering the cost of a race, please email email@example.com.
6) I’m running a race in a couple of weeks. Would this race qualify for Team SAMFund?
Unfortunately, no. We will only accept registrations for races that are a minimum of one month from the date of registration.
7) I’ve already run one race for Team SAMFund, and now I want to run a second race. Do I have to go through the registration process again?
No. You are only required to submit one registration form to be a part of Team SAMFund. We do ask, however, that you email firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates on new races you are entering on behalf of The SAMFund. Information to include is Race Name, Date of Race and Race Location. We will update our website with this information.
8) I want to fundraise, but I’d rather my personal information be kept private. Is this possible?
Absolutely. We will not publicize any personal information without your consent.
For any additional questions, please email email@example.com